Geode shaped Resin Coasters
(See tips to help you set up your creative space for the activity below this video)
Some tips before you start:
- Epoxy resin and alcohol based inks are included in your kit. To protect your skin from irritants, please put the plastic gloves found in your plastic bag on before removing anything else from your kit.
- You will wear your gloves for the duration of the project.
- Your coasters will take 24 hours to “cure” or set completely. Please set your work area up on a surface you wont mind your molds staying on for that amount of time.
- Test out your camera, microphone, and internet connection before the party to make sure you can troubleshoot any issues beforehand.
- Lay your plastic disposable tablecloth on the surface where you’ll be painting.
- With your gloves on, remove all of the other contents from the box and arrange them so you can easily see all of your supplies.
- Four plastic cups
- Gold paint
- Inks (white, black, and blue)
- Black glitter
- Gold Leaf
- Popsicle Sticks
- Small brush
- Pair of gloves (non-latex)
- 2 two 4oz plastic bottles with epoxy resin
- Our first step will be to mix the two plastic containers that are filled with resin in a cup and we will stir them together in one of your plastic cups for about 5 minutes.
- Get comfortable! Grab a cup of your favorite drink or snack to enjoy while we create together. Choose an area where you have access to great lighting. (Ashley loves sitting near windows)
- Get creative! You have four different cups you will pour some of the resin mixture into and all color and or glitter, or gold leaf. Feel free to
- The biggest value is in the opportunity to connect with others, safely, doing something creative. It’s also in the process of engaging in an activity that can give you a healthy distraction.
- Have fun and enjoy the experience.
Questions: For questions, please call (404) 740-0964
Decorate Your Box!
See a cool idea for decorating your white gift box
Homestyle Clay Activity!
(For those still waiting for their kit)
For the clay:
2 cups Flour
2 cups Flour
1 cup Dalt
2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
3/4 to 1 cup Water
Food coloring (optional)
For the coloring:
4-5 drops of food coloring OR bring any of these produce to a boil in small sauce pans to make the colors seen next to them. Use the colored water in place of the water needed for the clay.
Beet with skins (red)
Onion skins (orangish yellow)
Red cabbage leaves (red)
Orange peels (orange)